The following is a flyer released by the Self-Publishing Book Expo
The 2012 Self-Publishing Book Expo Returns on October 27th
Returning for its fourth year, The Self-Publishing Book Expo will be held on Saturday, October 27th, at the Sheraton New York Hotel in New York City. Since its inception, the Expo has gathered momentum and strong consumer recognition and established itself as the only true home for self-published books and authors. This year’s show promises to be the best yet, with a stellar line-up of speakers & sessions!
Highlights for 2012 include:
- National Bestselling Authors - Darcie Chan, Barbara Freethy and Brittany Geragotelis discussing their roads to success.
- In-Demand Speakers: This year’s impressive lineup will include such notables as Mark Levine, author of The Fine Print of Self-Publishing, Jonathan Lyons & Jeff Kleinman of Folio Literary Management, Book Marketing Works’ Brian Jud, David Vyorst, Relay Station Social Media, Mark Coker, Founder of Smashwords, Goodreads’ Patrick Brown, and We Grow Media’s Dan Blank.
- One-On-One Agent Pitches - A forum for aspiring and already published authors to speed pitch their book ideas to literary agents.
- One-on-One Publicity Brainstormings - Meet with industry PR pros to brainstorm ideas.
- Sixteen Panels & Lectures - This year’s sessions will once again be devoted to topics of importance to self-published authors including: finding consumers online, speaking legalese, protecting your rights, creating an ebook, keeping up with the latest trends in social networking, selling your book in bulk, things to consider before publishing, reaching your niche market, and many more.
- Free admission to the Exhibit Hall to visit leading players in the self-publishing community, purchase books and meet authors.
For more information about the show please visit our website, www.selfpubbookexpo.com. The 2012 SPBE is sponsored by Pubit! by Barnes & Noble, Kirkus Indie, Createspace, Vantage Press, Infinity Publishing and Smashwords.
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards is a partner of the Self-Publishing Book Expo.