Who can enter the 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards?
The 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards is open to all indie book authors and publishers including independent publishers (small, medium or otherwise), university presses, self-published authors, e-book authors, seasoned authors and even first time authors in the U.S., Canada or internationally who have a book written in English and published in 2013, 2014 or 2015 or with a 2013, 2014 or 2015 copyright date.
What do I need to do to enter the 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards?
- Select the category or categories you wish to enter
- Complete the entry form
- Arrange payment of entry fee
- Submit completed entry form, entry fees and books by no later than February 13, 2015; all books must be received in our offices by February 13, 2015
1. Select the category or categories you wish to enter, based on which category most applies to your book or to your marketing strategies, from the categories listed at the bottom of this page. You may enter as many categories as you like. Click here to see categories.
Note: Two copies of the book must be sent for the first category entered and one additional copy of the book for each additional category entered. For example, if you enter three categories, you must send four copies of the book in total (two for the first category, one for the second category and one for the third category entered).
2. Complete the entry form. Note: Only one entry form is required regardless of the number of categories you wish to enter, however, If you wish to enter more than one title, you must complete a different entry form for each title.
3. Arrange payment of entry fee. The 2015 entry fee is $75 per title for the first category entered. Plus, there is a $50 fee for each additional category entered. For example, if you enter one book in one category, the total fee is $75. However, if you enter one book in three categories, the total fee is $175 ($75 for the first category plus $50 for the second category plus $50 for the third category).
The easiest and most efficient way to pay the entry fee is to pay directly online, when completing the online entry form, by using PayPal or a credit card via PayPal.
Alternatively, you can pay the entry fee by sending in a company check or an International Money Order made payable to Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group when you send in your books with a copy of the completed entry form. (Personal checks and American Express are not accepted.)
4. Submit completed entry form, entry fees and books by no later than February 13, 2015; all books must be received in our offices by February 13, 2015. The easiest and most efficient way to enter the 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards is by completing the online entry form and paying online with a Visa or MasterCard through PayPal. Shortly after that you will receive a Confirmation of Entry email, which will include all of the details of your entry. Then, all you need to do to complete your entry is send the following by mail:
1) Confirmation of Entry email; and
2) Two copies of the book (plus one additional copy for each additional category entered).
1) Completed entry form;
2) Payment of the entry fees; and
3) Two copies of the book (plus one additional copy for each additional category entered).
In either case, ensure that the items to complete your entry are sent by mail for receipt by no later than February 13, 2015 (all books must be received in our offices by February 13, 2015) to:
Next Generation Indie Book Awards
18495 Tamaway Drive
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
When mailing in copies of your books, please be sure to include the correct postage on the package. Incorrect postage could result in your package being returned to you resulting in delayed processing time and possibly missing the entry deadline date.
Note: If you are entering an e-book into one of our categories, you can enter completely online by following the steps indicated on the online entry form for e-books.
Categories for the 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards
- African American
- Chick Lit
- Children's/Juvenile Fiction
- Children's/Juvenile Non-Fiction
- Children's Picture Book
- Christian Fiction
- Christian Non-Fiction
- Coffee Table Book/Photography
- Cookbook and Home/Garden
- Current Events/Social Change
- Diet/Nutrition/Weight Loss
- E-book Fiction
- E-book Non-Fiction
- First Novel (under 80,000 words)
- First Novel (over 80,000 words)
- General Fiction/Novel (Under 80,000 Words)
- General Fiction/Novel (Over 80,000 Words)
- General Non-Fiction
- Gift/Speciality/Novelty Book
- Historical Fiction
- Historical Non-Fiction
- How To
- Inspirational Fiction
- Inspirational Non-Fiction
- LGBT (Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender)
- Memoirs (Historical/Legacy/Career)
- Memoirs (Overcoming Adversity/Tragedy/Challenges)
- Memoirs (Other)
- Multicultural Fiction
- Multicultural Non-Fiction
- New Age
- Regional Fiction
- Regional Non-Fiction
- Religious Non-Fiction
- Religious Fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Second Novel
- Self Help
- Short Story - Fiction
- Travel/Travel Guide
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult
- Young Author (books written by under age 25)
- Best Cover Design - Fiction
- Best Cover Design - Non-Fiction
- Best Overall Design - Fiction
- Best Overall Design - Non-Fiction